Thursday, July 29, 2010

Create and Re-Decorate!

I would like it if someone could turn off my over creative brain. But since death seems the only answer to that I think I'll just share my ideas here and maybe once they are written down my brain can let go of them.

Idea one: I've been wanting to decorate the Master bedroom, bath and office. I pretty much knew the color scheme but I didn't want just a boring painted wall. The doors and molding are white which is trendy and I like. However for some reason the people that designed this home thought that the ceiling mould should be a warm cherry finish..... not!!!! So the first thing is to take it down and paint it white to match the rest of the trim. I want to use a warm light olive green semi-gloss paint and painted with shadowing that will make it looks like wood on the bottom half of the wall. Then I will use a flat moulding to separate the top color, which will be a soft Taupe, and the bottom green. Now here's the fun part. I want to take a roll of 4" galvanized flashing, clean the back with vinegar to take off the oils and run it along the top edge of the floor moulding and then another stripe of it running under the edge of the center mould using sticky carpet tape. Using a decorative antique head screw or tacks I will fasten the flashing by applying the hardware every 6" apart, both top and bottom of flashing and maybe in the center to form a diamond pattern. I think it will look better if the center moulding should be finished to match the furniture and will look pretty with the silver flashing and wall colors. I'm going to change the print part of the existing curtains so that they will match a new bedspread. The colors being the greens, deep reds and pewters. Next, the bathroom. Taking down the tacky flat strips that cover the seams in the walls, I will repaper with something that will go with the theme of the bedroom. New white wooden blinds on all windows and a new window treatment over the bathroom window. Also, the addition of mirrored tiles around the garden tub and a new faucet that has a pull-out sprayer built-in in an antique pewter finish. Glass shelves will go over the tub with decorative pewter brackets. I may replace the piece of furniture that holds the towel may be replaced with more glass shelves. I think, that covers most of that. I'm just gonna paint the office in the taupe color and get a nice chair or daybed or small square table and chairs for the empty corner. I already have one feminine suite section in the house.... I'm going for masculine with this design.
That completes transformation number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment